Monday, June 20, 2011

Book Review: Save My Soul

Save My Soul (Preternaturals Book 2)
Author: Zoe Winters
Title: Save My Soul
Publisher: Incubooks
Publish Date: Jan 31, 2011
Buy: Amazon
Review Copy Provided By: The Bookish Snob Promotions and the author.
Book Blurb: All he’s asking for is her soul.
After buying the antebellum home she’s fantasized about since childhood, Anna Worthington discovers Luc, a dangerously seductive incubus who has been trapped in the house by a fifty-year-old curse. To rid herself of her problem house guest she’ll call on a priest, gypsies, ghost hunters, and the coven of witches from lust bunny hell. All she has to do is resist him long enough to break the spell so they can go their separate ways. If she doesn’t, she could die. And that would be the best case scenario.

Review:  Save My Soul is the second book in the Preternaturals series, but if you haven't read book one, don't let that put you off. This book stands alone quite well.

The part of me that loves a good paranormal romance loved this story. Anna and Tam and Luc and the whole cast of characters really made for an enjoyable story. It was also great to read about a different kind of creature, vampires, werewolves and angels are all over the place in fiction right now. There aren't many stories with an incubus in them.

Who couldn't like a demon that feeds off sexual energy.

There was a part of me that held back on the fangirling I wanted to do. That part of me is the good Catholic girl that didn't really care for the way my faith was portrayed. The negative undertones directed towards that Catholic faith put me off more than a little, and it kept me from enjoying the story.

However, I didn't let that keep me from enjoying what was a really unique, fun and funny story. Zoe has a great voice as an author, balancing out a story with humor and just enough sex to keep it interesting. And hey, you can't have a story about an incubus without some spicy sex.

What I really liked about this story, besides the snarky banter between Anna and Luc were the friendships in the story. Anna and Tam were a great set of BFFs, but I loved the addition of the harem of hookers, Anna bought for Luc to feed from. By the end of the story everyone was banding together.

If you are a fan of paranormal romance you definitely want to check this book out.

Rating: 4 flowers

Stop back on the 25th to read an excerpt from Save My Soul.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs