Sunday, September 22, 2013

Book Review: Claimed

Author: Stacey Kennedy
Title: Claimed
Publisher: LoveSwept
Publish Date: Aug 5, 2013
Buy: Amazon
Review Copy Provided By: Net Galley 
Book Blurb: 
A novel of erotic discovery and forbidden desire that goes beyond Fifty Shades of Grey.

Presley Flynn is ripe to experience her secret fantasies . . . and Dmitri Pratt wants nothing more than to fulfill them. Once inside the elite Club Sin in Las Vegas, Presley is nervous but excited—and determined to surrender to her every desire. Dmitri is her Master, and his touch is like fire. With each careful, calculated caress, he unleashes her wildest inhibitions, giving her unimagined pleasure.

Presley is different than the other submissives Dmitri has mastered. The BDSM lifestyle is new to her, and so are the games they play at Club Sin. From the start, Presley stirs emotions in Dmitri far beyond the raw purity between a dom and the perfect sub. For the ecstasy they share goes beyond the dungeon, igniting a passion that claims the very depths of the heart.

Claimed is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.


Review: I love Stacey Kennedy's writing, especially her Urban Fantasy stuff and I've read several of her short erotic stories, so I was excited to read Claimed.

It was a learning experience for me.

Why?

I discovered I am not very fond of BDSM novels in long form. I can handle the stories when they are novellas or shorts, but at full length, it becomes too much for me. That is me though, and should not reflect on Stacey's writing, because Claimed was hot and wonderful just like the other novellas I've read.

So before you think that I didn't like the book or the story, that just isn't it.

Allow me to give you my pros and cons.

Pros:

I loved the story of Mary and Charles. Charles was Dmitri's mentor into the BDSM lifestyle.

Dmitri was really a sweetheart.

The romantic element between Presley and Dmitri was wonderful. I liked the touch of sweet romance mixed in with the hot and spicy BDSM scenes.

Cons:

Steven was just not developed enough to make his dark, nasty side believable enough for me.

So really that was my only con with the story. I just found that longer BDSM novels are not to my taste these days. I guess I'm a vanilla kind of girl.

Rating: 4 flowers


0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs