Monday, April 26, 2010

All Blazed Out

I love Harlequin's Blaze line. I read a lot of their books. This month I think I've read 10 of them, however I think I've hit the too much of a good thing point though, because the last one I read just fell totally flat with me.

So when looking through my massive "to be read" pile, I dug up something a little different. More plot, less humping, because seriously the last Blaze I read was a bit short on plot, which for the most part is not the case with these books. Sure they are steamy but they never lack for a good storyline too.

So now I'm working on Jennifer Weiner's Little Earthquakes. She's an author I've heard about from friends and from online buzz. Hopefully it will clear my head of the last book so I can jump into my Blaze books again, because I haven't read the new Samantha Hunter which I won this month, and I'd hate to be too burned out to enjoy that one. I love Sam's books and maybe that was the problem with the last one I read, it was an author I've never read before. I like Sam's books, Hope Tarr, Tawny Webber, Leslie Kelly....maybe I should stick with the familiar? But then again what fun would that be?

I think after I finish this book, I'll get around to Janet Evanovich's last Stephanie Plum novel, which I haven't read, even though I've owned it for about a year?

What do you do when your favorite line of books leaves you disappointed?

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs