Friday, September 9, 2011

Bewitching Book Tours Interview: E. Van Lowe

Boyfriend From Hell
Thanks to Bewitching Book Tours, I have E. Van Lowe here to do a little Q & A about his new YA book, Boyfriend From Hell.


Tell us a little bit about Boyfriend From Hell.



Boyfriend From Hell is the story of fifteen year-old Megan Barnett and her single mom, Suze, both who date mysterious, handsome young men, one of whom turns out to be the devil, with his sights set on a new bride.

This is the first book in series. How do go about developing a series…do you have several ideas going in?

Boyfriend From Hell became a series quite by accident. After the publication of Never Slow Dance With A Zombie, I became aware that series sold better than one-offs. I started looking around for a series idea. I had developed many series for TV. I liked the idea of writing a series because you get to spend more time developing characters and storylines. I was talking to a friend about Boyfriend From Hell and she quite accidentally gave me the idea that took it form a one-off to a series. I have another series I am currently working on called Hollyweird. It’s being shopped to publishers right now.

Tell us 5 things you love about writing.

Hmm. Lets see: I love making up stories; I love entertaining others; I love that in this internet era I get to interact with my fans; I love meeting new people; I love being my own boss. That’s 5. Wow. I feel like I just passed the final. LOL.

What made you choose the devil as the subject of Boyfriend From Hell?

When I finished Never Slow Dance With A Zombie (my first YA Paranormal), I was looking for something other than zombies or vampires to get into. I saw a YouTube video for animated series Lucy Daughter of The Devil. It was funny and irreverent. A bell went off in my head—write about the devil.

What does the devil look for in a bride?

If I told you what he was looking for in my book it would spoil it for you. You’ll have to read the book to find out.

You used to write for TV, would you ever like to see one of your books adapted for TV?

Yes, of course. It would be awesome of I could share my work with viewers as well as readers. Currently I am in talks about turning Never Slow Dance With A Zombie into a movie musical. I will keep you posted.

More adults seem to be reading YA novels these days, why do you think that is?

I don’t know. Before I started writing YA I had been reading it for several years. I thought it was just me, but then I found out there were lots of adults reading it. I am lucky to have such a diverse audience. I am meeting readers of every age. It’s awesome.


What do you like the most about writing for the YA crowd?

I love writing stores where my protagonist isn’t yet an adult. Young people are way more emotional than adults and because of this make lots more mistakes. It makes them more interesting.

Thanks for interviewing me. I’d like to add that the first four chapters (pdf) of Boyfriend From Hell are available for free right now on my website. Readers can go to http://evanlowe.com/ and click on the Boyfriend From Hell Sample link to get them. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Peace.

More About Boyfriend From Hell

Aww, Hell No!
Fifteen year-old Megan Barnett and her single mom, Suze, have a special relationship—they are friends, close friends, who do almost everything together.
“But come on, guys, she’s my mother… Can I really tell her that while we’re snuggled up on the sofa watching Spider Man Three, I’m secretly undressing James Franco with my eyes?  Of course not…”
The special bond takes a turn for the worse when Suze decides to start dating again.  She hasn’t had a man in her life since Megan’s father left ten years ago. 
Enter two mysterious young men, Megan’s new classmate, sinfully attractive bad boy, Guy Matson, and the dangerously handsome art dealer, Armando.  Before long Megan and Suze both wind up in steamy relationships.  But neither of the handsome guys is quite what he seems.  In fact, one of them is Satan, with his sights set on a new bride.  Megan has precious little time to figure out how to stop him.  If she doesn’t, either Megan or Suze are quite literally going to HELL.
Boyfriend From Hell is the first book in the Falling Angels Saga from the author of the gruesomely hilarious, Never Slow Dance With A Zombie

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs