Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Chick Ponders Bookish Things: Why I Review

I think we've all talked about why we review or blog. I was actually reading someone else's blog and it got me thinking about the reason I started this blog.

I love to read and many times I forget what I've read especially when it comes to romance novels. I've read a lot of Harlequins multiple times, not because I wanted to.

My goal has always been to read and then review the book no matter what I felt about the book. I don't want my blog to be fool of all great reviews nor do I want it to be filled with negative ones either. I want honesty in my blog.

I've always hoped that in the course of building this blog I'd acquire some like-minded friends. (That hasn't happened much, but who knows) My taste in reading material has always been pretty eclectic. I'll read anything that strikes my fancy.

Lately I've been wishing I had more time for the blog. I've been stuck on one book for the last 2 days, not because it is a bad book, but because I can't find time to open the darn thing.

Here's hoping I find some time soon. I hate to leave the blog silent for more than a few days, and I really have outgrown the whole meme thing. I just want to read and review my books.

1 comments:

Shelly G. said...

I agree with you on the honesty in your reviews. I am finding that since I am trying to be more picky with the books that I accept for review that I am liking most of them so they will generally be good reviews. Then I have this problem where I don't even want to waste my time reading a book that I don't like, so there aren't many bad reviews. I have been toying with the idea of doing a DNF post every once in awhile so that people know that there are some stinkers in my reading pile!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs