Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Chick Ponders Bookish Things: My Continuing Ebook Rant



I love ebooks, especially as my room to store physical books shrinks. However, I have a huge rant about them: the cost.

I've ranted about this before, but every time I go to find a particular ebook the rant comes back.

The only books worth buying in ebook format are ones recently published and indie books.

Anything else is a waste of money.

I'm also annoyed that you can't use your store discount cards on ebooks.

10% at Barnes and Noble or Books-A-Million would make a small dent in that overpriced ebook of a mass market paperback!

Sure these sites sometimes have deals on ebooks but not in the same ways as they have them on the physical books.

Plus libraries are so behind the time on elending. The selection is lousy and the time it takes to get a requested ebook, is so long.

It is no wonder there is piracy.

You would think the publishers would have learned something from the music industry, but it is obvious they haven't.

This is why I still don't buy many ebooks for my Nook. Its all about NetGalley for me.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

One of the things that bothers me about ebooks is that when I have the print copy, I think a digital version should be included. I can do that with CDs, I wish books were the same.

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs