Thursday, October 30, 2014

Book Review: Maybe This Christmas

Author: Sarah Morgan
Title: Maybe This Christmas
Publisher: HQN
Publish Date: Oct 28, 2014
Buy: Amazon
Review Copy Provided By: Net Galley
Book Blurb: 
This winter, ex-skiing champion, reformed heartbreaker and single dad Tyler O'Neil has only one mission—making sure his daughter, Jess, has the best Christmas ever. The fact that his best friend, Brenna, is also temporarily moving into his chalet at the overbooked Snow Crystal resort is a delicious distraction he's simply going to have to ignore. Theirs is the one relationship he's never ruined, and he's not about to start now.

Ski pro Brenna Daniels knows all about the perils of unrequited love—she's been in love with Tyler for years. But living with him is absolute torture… How can she concentrate on being his friend when he's sleeping in the room next door? Then when Tyler kisses Brenna, suddenly the relationship she's always dreamed of feels so close she could almost touch it. Could this be the Christmas her dreams of a happy-ever-after finally come true?


Review: This is the third installment in the O'Neill brothers series, and I have to say, I wish there were more brothers. I love going back to Snow Crystal.

I'm not a winter person, or an outdoorsy person, but when I open one of the O'Neill books, I want to be at Snow Crystal eating at the restaurants and watching the snow fly.

Tyler is the last brother to get hooked up. Throughout the series we know that there's something between him and Brenna and this book is their story.

They are bffs, but both really want more and neither is able to tell the other, until there's some meddling.

I love meddling.

Oh and I love Kayla, from the first book. She's still such a city girl and her fear of moose, erm mooses is hysterical and don't forget Elise, the sassy French chef. I'm so glad her sass is back in this book.

I really love Tyler, because he's such a bad boy, trying to be good.  I love his humor and the way he really loves his daughter. He's definitely the kind of hero that gives off the warm fuzzies. I also like how he tries to make Brenna more assertive. Lord knows, that girl needs it. She was bullied in school and has never gotten over it.

This was a really sweet romance and very low on the spice scale. There's not much going on between the sheets until the book is nearly over, and that's perfect, because this is a story where getting to the relationship is more important than the sex.

Oh and while I'm gushing...I adore Tyler's daughter, Jess and her dogs. They are perfect!

I absolutely loved this book and the rest of the series. You must read these if you are a contemporary romance fan!

Rating: 5 flowers


0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs