Saturday, October 15, 2016

Cookbook Review: Good Taste Simple Delicious Recipes For Family and Friends

Author: Jane Green
Title: Good Taste: Simple, Delicious, Recipes For Family and Friends
Publisher: NAL
Publish Date: Oct 4, 2016
Buy: Amazon
Book Blurb: 
Jane Green’s life has always revolved around her kitchen...

... from inviting over friends for an impromptu brunch; to wowing guests with delicious new recipes; to making sure her ever-on-the-move family makes time to sit down together. For Jane, food is enjoyable because of the people surrounding it and the pleasures of hosting and nourishing those she cares about, body and soul.

Now, Jane opens wide the doors of her stunning home to share tips on entertaining, ideas for making any gathering a cozy yet classy affair, and some of her favorite dishes, ranging from tempting hors d’oeuvres like Sweet Corn and Chili Soup, to mouthwatering one-pot mains like Slow-Braised Onion Chicken, to sinfully satisfying desserts like Warm Chocolate and Banana Cake.

This book is Jane’s perfect recipe for making a wonderful life complete with friends, loving family, and moments filled with good food, good times, and, of course, Good Taste.

Review: Good Taste is the kind of cookbook people that like gourmet foods and like to host parties should quickly add to their collection.

Then there's me. I'm a 40 something singleton (as Bridget Jones might say) that is a caregiver for my mom and I feed my sister and her kids most days of the week. So I don't always make fancy schmancy dinners, with equally fancy friends. One of the recipes was made for Hugh Grant, color me jealous.

There are several recipes I do intend to try. I made the eggplant mozarella slices, sans rosemary and they were wonderful, I highly recommend trying them if you buy the cookbook. I fully intend to make Toad In The Hole, Sweet Corn and Chili Soup and I want to try her chocolate chip cookies. Oh and the Salted Chocolate Mousse.



The photos make the food look rustic and yummy and a little daunting if you aren't an accomplished cook.

A lot of authors have cookbooks now, but I find this one to be really unique. It is really personal and though the recipes might not always be when I would serve for my family they look fabulous.

Rating: 5 flowers


1 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Holy cow, Jane Green has a cookbook!!?? As in - the writer Jane Green? Awesome!
I will have to check this out!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs