Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Itsy Bitsy Book Tours Bookspotlight and Review: Love and Ghosts


 ~  ~  ~  ~ BOOK SPOTLIGHT ~  ~  ~  ~  ~
 Love & Ghosts (Crescent City Ghost Tours Book 1) by Carrie Pulkinen - Author 
Hosted by Itsy Bitsy Book Bits Genre - Contemporary Romance with paranormal elements 
Page Count - 302 pages 

Trying to add some excitement to her life, Emily Rollins accepts a dare to kiss a masked stranger at a charity ball. Fireworks ignite with that simple kiss, and she longs to learn more about the enchanting man. But Emily has lost so much of her heart already; succumbing to his charm is the last thing she needs.
Sean LeBlanc is a medium who runs the most popular haunted tour company in New Orleans. When Emily shows up on his ghost tour, with no idea he’s the mystery man from the ball, the long-buried emotions she unearthed in him are rekindled, and he’s convinced he can learn to love again. The problem is Emily doesn't believe in the supernatural.
Just as Sean begins to open her mind to the existence of spirits and the possibility of love, a mysterious wooden box with a sinister power arrives on Emily's doorstep, threatening her sanity and her life. If Sean can't convince her ghosts are real, her disbelief will doom them both.

~ AMAZON ~




Review: If I could review this book in one word, it would probably be "amazing." I haven't read a paranormal romance in a very long time. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but what I got was a really great read.

I love that its the hero that is the "sensitive" one in regards to spirits. Emily is different. She's a little hard to like at times with her dislike for all things dealing with ghosts.

I have to admit I was a junkie for shows like "My Haunted House" and stuff like that when I had cable. So the stuff that happened with the box made me want to shake Emily. Actually, I wanted to shake Emily a lot. 

Sean was so darn perfect. If I had book boyfriends, he would be one of them. I loved how he talked to the spirits and did his best to make Emily comfortable with herself.

There's so much about this book I could go on about, but they all fall under the heading of spoilers and this book is really too good to be spoiled.

It has ghosts.

It has some baddies, alive and otherwise.

It has some smoking hot scenes. Mmmm hmm

There are some laugh out loud moments...on involving a dog and a hot dog cart, but I will say no more.

It has a bit of mystery...

Oh and then there's Sean's mother. Oh how I loved her. I give props to all writers that keep the parents lovable. I had bad mom's and dad's in books. They kind of make my heart hurt, because my family was great.

Oh and conflict...but I can't go into that without...well..as Riversong from Doctor Who would say...SPOILERS.

This was just a fabulous story, and I loved all the characters both dead and alive that showed up. If you like paranormal fiction..oh and if you love NOLA, you have to read this book.

This is the first book in the series, and I really can't wait for the next!

Rating: 5 flowers
















Carrie Pulkinen is a paranormal romance author who has always been fascinated with things that go bump in the night. Of course, when you grow up next door to a cemetery, the dead (and the undead) are hard to ignore. Pair that with her passion for writing and her love of a good happily-ever-after, and becoming a paranormal romance author seems like the only logical career choice.
Before she decided to turn her love of the written word into a career, Carrie spent the first part of her professional life as a high school journalism and yearbook teacher. She loves good chocolate and bad puns, and in her free time, she likes to read, drink wine, and travel with her family.

Live May 1st & 2nd Click HERE for Giveaway

FACEBOOK ~ INSTAGRAM ~ TWITTER ~ BOOKBUB ~ BOOK & MAIN ~

WEBSITE ~ FACEBOOK ~ TWITTER ~ PINTEREST ~ YOUTUBE ~ INSTAGRAMFACEBOOK GROUP

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs