Tuesday, February 11, 2020

425 Madison Book Review: His Last Ride

Release Tour for HIS LAST RIDE by Marcie Shumway
Powered by Forever Write PR

 




Title:His Last Ride
Author: Marcie Shumway
Buy: Amazon
Book Blurb:
Cody

 She was my childhood friend. The one person outside of my family that I could always count on. Fate drew us apart, but when my life was turned upside down, it brought us back together.

And, much like when we were kids, she made it right again.

Payton had a way of soothing more than just the wounds that were skin deep.

There’s one small problem, I’m not sure that I want to be just her friend anymore.

Payton

He was my childhood friend. The one who always accepted me for me. For years, I didn’t realize my life was missing anything and, then Cody came back into it. Just like when we were kids, he brought all the pieces back together. He made me feel things I didn’t know I could feel. How can I be his friend when I want so much more?

I won’t be his buckle bunny. Adjusting to very different lives, Cody and Payton need to decide if what is between them is worth fighting for. From small towns to the big city, they’re not the same people they once were. Can a childhood friendship become so much more? Only time will tell. After all, 425 Madison is the perfect place to fall in love!

Review: I really love the 425 Madison series. Its introduced me to so many great authors, that I may never have given a chance to otherwise. This book is my introduction to Marcie Shumway.

 His Last Ride is a childhood friends romance. This isn't a trope I usually read, but it worked out really well here. Its a quick, engaging read and the characters are so likable. I felt so bad for Cody as we see his career end at the start of the story. He was a rodeo star and injuries have forced him out of the circuit.

Oddly, I'm becoming a fan of cowboys these days. (Just a random observation) Oh and he's a cowboy from Maine. I love that even more, because most cowboys in romance come from Texas, so yay for something different.

Payton is a vet tech, who knew Cody from her summers at her grandmother's farm in Maine.

Awww

They are both in NYC now and well..things start happening for them. Squee! I really loved this book, with the exception of one part which really really spoiled an otherwise good read.

The death of a puppy. Yeah...Seriously, any book that uses an animal death to move a story along gets a thumbs down from me. That knocked a flower off my review, because I just couldn't wrap my head around the need for that. Also...having sex after the death of said puppy.

GAH! That made me angry. I'm giving it 4 flowers because I loved the characters and they were a sweet couple, truthfully though its more like 3.5, because of the puppy.

Rating: 4 flowers


0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs