Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Ebook Gripe

I have a Nook and I love it. What I don't love are the prices that most booksellers charge for a download. I'll use Harlequin as an example.

A Presents novel retails for $4.75 and with discounts either at the site or at a bookseller or other store, they usually run about $3.80.

What is the ebook price?

$3.40

The list price on the ebook is $4.20

Seriously?

The paper etc only costs 50 cents?

That just feels so very wrong to me. There's a bigger difference in the price of a CD download than a book.

Does this make sense to any of you?

2 comments:

Wolfe said...

Yes, I know. I have YET to buy an e-book. Most I have read on my new sony e-reader are with for review or off Net Galley which are for review too. Definitely check out NetGalley if you haven't. You can always try and find an e-book company to use for book reviews. I too just can't see paying only a small differance for an e-book to a book.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I don't know if it's the same over there, but here in UK there isn't VAT (tax) on paper books, but there is on digital downloads and an e-book is a digital download. Annoying, but that's the reason for it over here.

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs