Wednesday, January 26, 2011

W...W...W..ednesday







This weekly meme brought to you by Should Be Reading

The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall• What are you currently reading?

I'm reading Mary Downing Hahn's The Ghost Of Crutchfield Hall right now. It's an ebook I got from NetGalley that really intrigued me.

I love gothic type stories, and this definitely looks to be a good one. The reviews have been pretty good and it seems like a nice bit of light reading between some of the other titles on my TBR list.

It's always good to read a short fun book to keep the brain from getting tired!

Lydia's Charm: An Amish Widow Starts Over in Charm, Ohio• What did you recently finish reading?

I just finished reading Lydia's Charm by Wanda Brunstetter. It is a really heart breaking story of a young Amish widow starting over.

I love Wanda's books. They bring the Amish to life for us "Englishers."  She deals more with romance than some of the religious issues and beliefs that some of the other authors deal with.

This story was also set in a part of Ohio that I'm pretty familar with. It was fun to see places that I've been to, used in a book.

• What do you think you’ll read next?

These are the next two books on my TBR Pile. Spiral X is my next read for the Book Lovin' Bitches Ebook Tours and I'll be reading The Bad Queen for Rex Robot Reviews.


Spiral X
The Bad Queen: Rules and Instructions for Marie-Antoinette (Young Royals)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've noticed more and more novels about the Amish coming out. I even downloaded one for free from Amazon fairly recently. I haven't read it yet, so don't know if it's more romance than religious...

Here's my WWW Wednesdays contribution!

heavenisabookstore said...

I am a big fan of Kingsbury novels, but just started reading Orange is the New Black. Not sure why, but this caught my eye.

Anonymous said...

I have Lydia's Charm in my TBR stack.
I can't wait to read it!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs