Monday, March 25, 2013

Entangled Publishing Book Tours: Torch In The Forest




Torch In The Forest author, Marcie Kremer is stopping by the blog today and offering up a fun Top 10 list! Stop back to the blog later today for my review


TOP TEN LIST OF THINGS ON MY DESK

OUR ISLAND STORY by H.E. Marshall
THE LITTLE COLONEL AT BOARDING SCHOOL by Annie Fellowes Johnston
An autographed basketball from Coach John Wooden, legendary UCLA basketball coach
An autographed picture of Tommy LaSorda, L.A. Dodger manager
A picture of my DH, reading to sixth graders on Dr. Seuss Read-Aloud Day
A small figurine of a wizard, studying a book, seated on a grumpy dragon
My iPhone
A bazillion little pieces of paper, on which are notes I write to myself about plot points and revision warnings, such as "Raise the stakes!!!"
Sharpened pencils
A notebook of lined paper, ready to write in!
Growing up in Europe and seeing castles on a daily basis made me sure I wanted to live back in the Middle Ages. Since that wasn’t likely to happen, being a child of the 20th century, the next best thing I could try to do was to write about this enthralling period in history. Having studied medieval history in college, I loved doing the research about how people really lived and spoke and dreamed and loved, and so TORCH IN THE FOREST came to be, thanks to my dear husband, who encouraged me to write about Eleanor and Hugh.


About Marcie: When I’m not writing, I’m reading, or traveling. I love hearing from readers and am happy to do book club conference calls!

http://www.facebook.com/

http://marciekremerromance.wordpress.com/

@MarcieKremer1

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs