Thursday, August 25, 2011

Book Review: Blood Of The White Witch

Blood of the White Witch: Of Witches and Warlocks (Volume 3)Author: Lacey Weatherford
Title: Blood Of The White Witch (Of Witches and Warlocks Book 3)
Publisher: Global Authors Publications
Publish Date: Aug 2, 2011
Buy: Amazon
Review Copy Provided By: The Bookish Snob Promotions and the author
Book Blurb: As the personal connection between Portia and Vance explodes, the two quickly find themselves in a world of shifting balances. While searching for Vance’s missing mother, they realize they are suddenly unsure of who to trust, learning sometimes things are not always as they appear. When Vance’s demon characteristics abruptly begin to resurface without warning, the horrible truth comes out, crashing down upon them and shattering some of their most precious dreams. Once the deadly secret is uncovered, Portia and Vance find themselves hastily rushing against the hands of time in and attempt to stop an ancient ritual. Passion, loyalties, powers, and family ties, will all be tested when dangerous adventures abound in the third installment in the Of Witches and Warlocks series...Blood of the White Witch.

Review: This series is very different from what I usually read in the YA area. I jumped into it without reading the first two books, but that was ok, because things are explained nicely so that a new reader won't be too confused.

The relationship between Portia and Vance kinda creeps me out because I know there ages...16 and 18. A lot of sex goes on...though its alluded to rather than described, since this is a YA novel. These two have a very passionate relationship. The thing that doesn't sit well with me is Vance. Not that I don't love him, because he's the kind of hero we all want. Super alpha male, ready to do anything to protect his lady..but he feels like he's older than 18. Portia on the other hand doesn't seem as mature. It was the one thing I had a hard time getting past in the story. Oh and for Portia's protection, the two are married.

The story itself is awesome. I was totally taken in by Douglas and Fiona, Vance's grandparents, when the couple were in Scotland. The fact that they weren't what they seemed was a total shock to me. The conflict they bring to the story really is gripping. I was totally intrigued by "The Awakening" and the "White Witch Coven."

Again, I wish the passion were a little more toned down between Vance and Portia, because for me it detracted from the action, but that is me.

I really want to go back and  read the first two books in the series so I can tie everything together.

Rating: 4 flowers

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs