Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Challenge Update

I think I started too many challenges this year. I didn't complete several of them...and two I gave up on before I really got started. Bad me.

I'll start out with the challenges I completed.



The 2011 e-book Challenge was a breeze I finished 20 ebooks in June.

You can see my full list of books read for this challenge by clicking here.

I definitely read more than 20, but I stopped keeping track there because it was making me crazy, especially as half of the books I read this year were e-books.

I love my Nook!

 
I finished the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge this week.  I read a combination of historical novels about royalty, romance and mystery. I really enjoyed this challenge and I'll probably be participating in it again this year.

You can see my reads for this challenge by clicking here

Oh and one of my favorites from this category was the new book by Juliet Grey, Becoming Marie Antoinette!

medium none; border-right: medium none; border-top: medium none; clear: both; text-align: center;">


Photobucket

I finished my 12th book for the Historical Romance challenge this week! Woo hoo!

Historical Romance is actually my favorite genre, so I'm really puzzled at why it took me so long to finish this one.

My reads which overlap some with the Historical Fiction Challenge can be found by clicking here

My favorite reads from this challenge? Victoria Alexander's His Mistress By Christmas and Adrienne Basso's The Christmas Countess. I'm a sucker for all things Christmas!!


I finished this challenge up in the past week too. I read a lot of cozy mysteries for this one.

Have I mentioned I'm a sucker for cozy mysteries?

Check out my reads here

There were quite a few memorable reads in this category. The book that sticks out the most is Amanda Steven's The Restorer. If you haven't read that book yet, I suggest you go find it. Ann Charles' Nearly Departed In Deadwood was a great read too, especially if you are a fan of the Stephanie Plum series.

Now for some challenges I didn't do so good on.

I had hoped to read 20 YA books in 2011. I ended up with 16. There's one review I need to post for that one. So though I didn't make the challenge, I think I did pretty good.

Right?

My reads can be found here.




Another challenge I failed to finish was the Vampire Challenge. Again I'm not exactly sure how I manged to blow this one. I've read a lot of vampire fiction. I guess maybe I'm burned out on vampires.  Ah well.

I blame Edward Cullen on that. I've had the last two books of the Twilight series on my TBR pile for a year and I keep putting off reading them.

I did read 11 of the 20 books required for this challenge.

You can see those reads by clicking here

I think it is time for me to give up on those fanged creatures.

Then there was the Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge and the Goodreads Challenge. I set them both to 180.

I'm a big failure there. I'll probably close the year out at reading 152, which is down from last year. But then again, I had some personal issues this year, so that's probably part of it.

As for the other challenges on my list..well I didn't even start them. Bad me.

This year, I vow not to over challenge myself.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs