Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Chick Ponders Bookish Things

What to read next.

I often find myself wishing that was a decision that is entirely up to me.

I keep telling myself that I'll cut back on the tours that I'm taking part in, but then I get the requests and invites and the books look so good...ARGH!

I really want to try to set up one month that is just "for me" reading. You know, where I can see if I can shrink my massive tbr pile, or just enjoy a few library books of my choosing.

So many books, so little time to read them. Much like today. My father is in the hospital again, and I thought that since he was having a stress test, I'd be able to catch up on some reading while I was in the waiting room.

Nope.

I ended up sitting with him through the whole  3.5 hour test.

Not fun.

I really thought I was going to get to finish a few books today, but that wasn't to be. Maybe tomorrow. At least I know what books I'll be reading; Her Man Flint and The Flight of Gemma Hardy.

1 comments:

Sarah M said...

I do the same thing with book commitments. I was so excited when I looked at my calendar for March and saw I was only committed to 2 books. Then I went through my emails and found another 3 books I committed to. Oops. No time left for me to choose any others.

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs