Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Chick Ponders Bookish Things

Do your reading tastes and preferences change over time? I've found in the last year, I'm reading more genres now than I ever have before. I'm really loving cozy mysteries too. I think I've read more cozies this year than romances! And anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a big lover of romance. I was a Harlequin girl. I still am, especially at Christmas! Give me a cheesy romance about the holidays and I'm a happy girl.

I'm also getting back into Historical Fiction. That was a genre I used to read all the time. When I was in high school and college, I read as many novels by Jean Plaidy as I could find. Now I'm working on Phillipa Gregory, though I have to admit, I'm not as passionate about her writing style. (Or her accuracy)

I just wish there was more time in the day. I have books piling up all over, from the library, from net galley and from my own purchases. I just need to get time to read.

So have your reading preferences changed over time, or do you still read the same kinds of books?

1 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

My genre selection use to be very limited. It included all historical romance, mainstream authors like King, Kootz etc, and then one day I received a paranormal and from there I read just about anything..LOL Outside of Potter and Twilight, I hadn't read any YA..for the last four months I have been gobbling it up. I don't think I will every be a fan of contemporary YA or adult for that matter.(excpet for Christmas love stories..hahahaha).but I am always open to the possibilities of new genres and authors.

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs