Thursday, June 1, 2017

Book Review: The Sheikh's Bought Wife



THE SHEIKH’S BOUGHT WIFE
By Sharon Kendrick
Publisher: Harlequin Presents
Publish Date: April 18, 2017
Buy: Amazon

Marry a sheikh in return for a hefty financial reward? Jane Smith, a shy researcher, normally would have laughed in Zayed Al Zawba’s handsome face. Except it’s only for six months and the money will rescue her sister, who’s caught up in debt.
Sheikh Zayed will do anything to inherit Kafalah’s neighboring oil-rich lands. Even if he has to wed plain Jane, though he’ll never long to consummate a marriage with her. But Zayed never imagined that Jane’s frumpy clothes were hiding such delicious curves, or that her quick mind and untouched beauty would tease and tempt him beyond his wildest imagination.



Review: I have a fondness for Sheikh's in the Presents line. I love the made up middle-eastern countries. However I had a hard time with this book, not because it was poorly written but because it was too unbelievable. It even crossed the line of fairy tales for me.  

Zayed was just a douche nozzle of the highest degree. I can't imagine any man talking the way he does to any woman without getting slapped. He was always going on about how every woman saw him and fall in love with him and he's a fabulous lover, yada yada yada. His ego really knows no bounds

Jane is a ...gasp "Plain Jane" ugly duckling who of course turns into a swan. Oh and she's a virgin...ARGH.  I liked her, just barely.

They both claim to dislike each other, but when the ugly duckling transforms, well Zayed's sex drive kicks into overdrive. 

Oh and Jane doesn't really hate Zayed...she's in denial.  And as Zayed gets to know Jane...well the plot becomes obvious.

I usually love Sharon Kendrick's books and I did like this one, but for me I wanted something more. There are some pluses to the book, because Sharon brings the surroundings to life. I loved her love for Kalafah.

I think if this could have been a longer novel, the plot could have worked. It just needed more development, especially with Jane and her sister.

Rating: 3 flowers





0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs