Monday, October 31, 2011

Just Not Feeling It


Have you ever been given a book by a friend only to find yourself not really liking it all that much? Has it ever been a book you were really looking forward to reading?

I have a my bff's copy of One Day and I've finally gotten around to starting it. I'm about 100 pages in, and the story is just not grabbing me, but I'm determined to finish it.

I don't know why I don't just put it down and have done with it, but I feel like I'd be letting her down by not reading it. The worst part of it is, I really wanted to love this book. I've heard nothing but good things about the book.

And its been made into a movie...and I refuse to see the film until I finish it. So yeah, I must soldier on..even though it causes me great pain.

Anyone else ever had this happen?

3 comments:

Jinky said...

I've been on the same boat severeal times! Sometimes it's worth it by the end and others not. Haha, this book was one of them! I persevered and finished it but still wasn't for me ..so I totally feel your pain. ;) --I gave this 2 stars.

Lover Of Romance said...

Sorry to hear your struggling, I hate it when it happens to me, it hasn't happened very often, but when it does...I feel like pulling my teeth out, its so frustrating. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I had this book given to me by a woman I used to work with and she absolutely gushed about it. I went into it with bad expectations anyway, but by the end I wasn't completely hating it.

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs