Sunday, January 8, 2012

Starting Off Slow

It is the 8th of January and I've only read 2 books. The book I started at the end of the week is really slowing me down. It's Jodi Picoult's Plain Truth and I'm just not lovin' it. I'm barely liking it, but I'm more than 100 pages into it, so I'm going to finish the damn thing if it kills me. (And at this point it just might).

I hate abandoning books. I've not done it very often, but this is one book that could inspire me to cast it aside. I don't know what it is about the plot...the characters and Jodi's writing style...but all of it is making me really bored.

I hate the thought that I've wasted good time reading this book so far, but I also hate the thought that I may not finish the book.

Foolish isn't it?

What makes you decided whether to finish a book that's not working for you?

1 comments:

Bri said...

If I dread picking it up I know that it's time to put the book away. Although its very hard for me too. I have only tossed away two to three books ever, and they had to be pretty awful for me to not finish.

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs