Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Am Anal About My Books

I was at Goodwill today, perusing the used books when I happened across The Other Boleyn Girl. I've wanted to read that book for ages and ages. I pulled the book out and gave it a through inspection and put it back.

Why?

It was too beat up.

Granted the book was only 99 cents, but this is a book that will likely end up on my bookshelf for its life, and I don't want a copy that looks like it went through a war. None of the books I buy look like that after reading, so if its a keeper book, then I don't want the book to look that way when I bring it home.

My mother thinks I was nuts to pass up the book, but I just couldn't bring myself to bring home a book that I really hope to love that's already battered and broken.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one that would do something like this.

1 comments:

Jess said...

I like newer and cleaner books as well, but it makes me sad to see all the books at the used bookstore with no home.

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs