Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Not So Perfect Reading Environment

I always think I'm going to be able to read while I sit on the most uncomfortable chairs ever made, which grace just about every waiting room in Mon Valley Hospital. I went to the short stay unit with a tote bag full of books, hoping to get through at least one of them. If I couldn't do that, I had my mp3 player loaded with the most recent Doctor Who episode too.

I really hoped to get more than just 1/3 of the way through the new Jen Lancaster book, but between the chairs and the noisy TV, I just couldn't tune anything out.

I hate that.

This was such a minor surgery. It was an outpatient procedure. I wasn't even worried about anything. I knew when all was said and done, my father would be home either today (which he is) or tomorrow. So it wasn't even my mind that was keeping me from reading, it was all the outside forces that were driving me CRAZY!

I don't need a completely quiet environment to read, but there was just too much going on in that waiting area today. I think I managed to read about 120 pages of the book and now I'm too tired to even contemplate reading any more. All I want to do is sleep and rejoice tomorrow at 9:30 when this past 24 hours of hell is declared officially OVER!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs