Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Bookish Snob Promotions Guest Post: Daisy Harris

A Hero to Die For

Thanks for having me on the blog today!

I’ve decided to talk a little bit about damages heroes, and in particular my hero Bane Connor from Love-Bots 1: Lust After Death.

My love-bot world is inhabited by re-animated humans called “steins.” But in all honesty, I came up with the characters before I fleshed out the science. My heroine Josie was always going to be a zombie bride, and her hero Bane was always going to be a lost soul who she (figuratively) brings back from the dead. However, the details—the computer programming of their minds, their ability to form network connections, the way the data streamed into their consciousness—were created after the fact.

In order for my premise to work, I needed a hero who was damaged, and even a little mopey. At the start of Lust After Death, Bane is near-suicidal. He looks forward to finishing his assignment so that his mind can undergo a full reset. After the brain-wipe, he’ll be a whole different person with none of his memories and maybe even a different personality.

Writing a lost hero was a real challenge for me, and in real-life I’m not much of a fan of mopey men. Sure, there’s the attraction to a guy who’s deep and dark and damaged, but let’s just say I’ve had some bad experiences with that kind of guy. I wanted so badly to take the edge of Bane’s self-hatred, kick him in the shins and tell him to get over himself. Smack some sense into the boy!

So you can imagine my utter joy when at the end of the book my heroine Josie does exactly that! She doesn’t kick his shins, but she does stomp on his foot. And if you knew my ethereal, naïve Josie, you’d understand how funny that is. In my opinion, Bane got exactly what he deserved—a heroine who’d love him despite all his flaws, but who would demand he get the heck over his issues.



Sigh If only I could have done something like that in real life… Wait… What were we talking about??



Oh yeah, Bane Connor and his lady love. He’s my first and only lost-soul hero. And I’m glad I got the opportunity to make him a little less lost.



Thanks for having my on the blog! Make sure to check out my blurb below and the excerpts on my website and at Ellora’s Cave! Happy reading!


LUST AFTER DEATH

By Daisy Harris

Publisher: Ellora’s Cave / ISBN: 9781419935053 / Genre: Erotic

Paranormal / Length: Novella

In the Pacific Northwest, where life hurries to keep pace with technology, a re-animated bride named Josie struggles to escape her creator.



Assassin Bane Connor wants to get the girl to the Zombie Underground and receive his payoff—a mental reset that will erase his memories as well as his guilt. But an attack by a rival faction derails his rescue, and the wide-eyed female ignites desire like he’s never known.

The newborn stein needs touch to live, and wanting her is a complication Bane doesn’t need. The last thing a killer wants is a his lover who can read his thoughts, but if Josie can love him the way he’s programmed, perhaps Bane can find a way to heal his past.
DAISY HARRIS

Birkenstock-wearing glamour girl and mother of two by immaculate conception, Daisy Harris still isn’t sure if she writes erotica. Her paranormal romances start out innocently enough. However, her characters behave like complete sluts. Much to Miss Harris’s dismay, the sex tends to get completely out of hand.


If you like science-y subplots, fantastical creatures, and red-hotchemistry, you’ll love Daisy Harris. You can find her on Twitter, Facebook and at http://www.thedaisyharris.com/.



Next Tour Stop: Oct 3 – Paranormal Opinion http://paranormalopinion.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

WooHoo! New author to add to my wishlist. Love the sound of this.

(\___/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

Krysykat said...

Great post :) This book looks awesome!

booklover0226 said...

I've added this to my must have list. I can't wait to read it.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs