Saturday, September 3, 2011

Book Review: A Night Of Scandal

A Night of Scandal (Harlequin Presents)
Author: Sarah Morgan
Title: A Night Of Scandal
Publisher: Harlequin Presents
Publish Date: June 2, 2011
Review Copy Provided By: Net Galley
Buy: Amazon
Book Blurb: Nathaniel…Icon. Celebrity. Heartthrob.


But underneath his movie-star good looks, heĆ¢ € ™ s battling with the demons of his past. No one knows the real Nathaniel, they only see the pinup, the illusion he pretends to be.
Then one night he is forced to rely on Katie Field, an ordinary young woman from a very different world. She may be starstruck but she isn't blinded by the bright lights of fame. Can Nathaniel trust her enough to reveal the real man behind the mask?

Let the seduction begin….

Review: Sarah Morgan is my absolute favorite author when it comes to the Presents line. She creates characters that you really come to feel for and A Night Of Scandal is no different. Seriously, Sarah has written many books and I think there might have only been one that I wasn't over the moon about. This one is a definite must read for lovers of quick romances.

Katie is a wonderful heroine. She's not a stereotypical beauty, in fact she's kinda chubby, which is why I love her. I'm sick of all the heroines in romance novels being slim and fabulous. Katie is a real woman, with real problems. The only thing different about her is her supermodel sister.

Then there's Nathaniel. He's one of my favorite Presents heros. You have to love him. He's got family issues. BIG family issues! But deep down he has a heart of gold. Shut up! I know that's to be expected, but when you read this...the heart of gold part is a little bit unexpected.

Though both are from different worlds..they really come together well. I particularly loved Nathaniel dubbing Katie's world "Katieland." A bit sarcastic, is our boy Nathaniel.

I really loved how Sarah brought Hollywood into the story...especially the papa-papa-paparazzi. (Sorry...every time I think of that word, that song sticks in my head).  This book is part of a min-series about the Wolfe clan. I can only hope the rest of the books are as good as this one.

Rating: 5 flowers







0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs