Wednesday, November 13, 2013

TLC Book Tours: Forgiving Lies


Author: Molly McAdams
Title: Forgiving Lies
Publisher: William Morrow
Publish Date: Oct 29, 2013
Buy: Amazon
Review Copy Provided By: TLC Book Tours & the author
Book Blurb: 
The fabulous New York Times and USA Today bestselling New Adult author returns with a sizzling, funny, and deeply emotional tale of passion and secrets, deception and forgiveness

A matter of secrets . . .

Undercover cop Logan “Kash” Ryan can’t afford a distraction like his new neighbor Rachel Masters, even if she’s the most beautiful woman he’s ever seen. To catch a serial killer, he needs to stay focused, yet all he can think about is the feisty, long-legged coed whose guarded nature intrigues him. A matter of lies . . .

Deceived and hurt before, Rachel would rather be a single, crazy cat lady than trust another guy, especially a gorgeous, tattooed bad boy with a Harley, like Kash. But when his liquid-steel eyes meet hers, it takes all of Rachel’s willpower to stop herself from exploring his hot body with her own. A matter of love . . .

As much as they try to keep it platonic, the friction between them sparks an irresistible heat that soon consumes them. Can Kash keep Rachel’s heart and her life safe even as he risks his own? Will she be able to forgive his lies . . . or will she run when she discovers the dangerous truth?


Review:  I have so much to say about this book, which is the first book in the Forgiving Lies series.

First the cover.....AHHHHHH....the girl looks so much like Duchess Catherine...and Kash...if I liked the whole bad boy thing, I would so drool on him. That said, this is truly a perfect cover for the book.

The New Adult genre and I aren't really working out, or at least the books I've read from this genre. All the heroines so far have been little rich girls. I'm thinking I might be too old for this genre. (yet I can relate to some children's books and some young adult...maybe it is me then)

Now as for the book itself..I have many loves...and many...well..hates..

LOVES:

Kash...he's totally badass and sweet too. (Totally unrealistic, but hey! Its fiction!)

Sour Patch..which is Kash's nickname for Rachel.

Mason...the best friend and wingman a guy could have. He's another not so realistic guy...he's a player but he's a nice guy.

Rachel's helping the old lady next door find her lost cats ever Thursday at 8:30. The fact that the lady suffered from either dementia or Alzheimer's and Rachel went out of her way to help her, even though she knew she wasn't looking for real cats.

The chemistry between Kash and Rachel = Electric

Edwin McCain's I'll Be, which was her dad's song to her mother...

The ending...OMFG I did not see that coming.....need the second book NOW!

Now for the hates

HATES:

Candice...seriously ...if she were my best friend...who in the hell needs enemies. Not only did she believe her cousin over her bff, she was spoiled, slutty and self absorbed.

Rachel's reaction to the truth...(Won't post spoilers but..I really thought she was over reacting)

Rachel's all around wimpyness in the presence of Candice. This is in regards to Blake...couldn't understand her giving in to her and not going with her gut in the first place, the guy was all around icky.

She really let her friend walk all over her. If my roomy locked me out so she could have a booty call, I would be living somewhere else and I would have a new friend.


I have to share the song that was all over the place in the book.





Rating: 4 flowers




About Molly McAdams

Molly McAdams grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband and furry, four-legged daughter. When she’s not diving into the world of her characters, she can be found hiding out in her bedroom—surrounded by her laptop, cell phone, and Kindle—and fighting over the TV remote. She loves curling up in a fluffy comforter during a thunderstorm … or under one in a bathtub if there are tornadoes. That way she can pretend they aren’t really happening.
Visit Molly at her website, read her blog, connect with her onFacebook, and follow her on Twitter.

1 comments:

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

"If my roomy locked me out so she could have a booty call, I would be living somewhere else and I would have a new friend." AGREED!

Thanks for being on the tour.

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs