Monday, March 4, 2013

Bewitching Book Tours Book Review: Cursed


Author: Lynn Ricci
Title: Cursed
Publisher: Createspace
Publish Date: Dec 19, 2012
Buy: Amazon
Review Copy Provided By: Bewitching Book Tours & the author
Book Blurb:  When Sarah Carter moves to Boston to escape her past she realizes there's more than meets the eye with the landlord and her mysterious new best friend. What happened to the owner of this Boston brownstone and what secrets lie within its walls and continue to torment? Witchcraft, curses and timeless love are not what Sarah expected to find in Boston, but as she learns more, she wonders is she actually running back to her past instead of from it?

Review: There is so much to like about this book. First there is the cover. It is hauntingly beautiful and the Brownstone depicts the home Sarah lived in so well, with just a touch of spooky to make things interesting.

I absolutely adored this modern day retelling of Beauty and the Beast, with a touch of The Phantom of The Opera. (Or in this case The Phantom Of The Brownstone) It is a sweet story, rather than a frightening one and it drew me in from the very first page. I loved Sarah and her sweetness and Mason's mystery. Then there was Zoe. You knew she had to play a huge role in this story, but what?

I really loved how Sarah and Mason's relationship grew through him telling her his history. Mason really is the character you are most intrigued by. You want to know how he became disfigured and you want to learn more about him and his life.

Sarah is just the epitome of sweetness. She's smart, she's nice and she's just the perfect girl next door. As I read, I could really see her as Belle.

There are a lot of secrets to be revealed and I excited turned every page to learn each and every one, especially how Zoe/Selena played out in the course of the novel. I won't give away any spoilers, but let's say she is truly evil, and she sucks the life out of the men!

This was a fairly quick read, but one you shouldn't pass up if you like the old gothic style love story.


Rating: 5 flowers




2 comments:

Carol L. said...

I love the excerpts I've read already. It's on my TRL. Love this type of storyline. Beauty and The Beast was one of my favorite reads.\
Carol L
Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

Lynn Ricci said...

Thank you for the great review - I really appreciate it and am so glad you enjoyed Cursed. I got a kick out of Phantom of the Brownstone :) Good luck to everyone entering the giveaway!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs