Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Chick Ponders Bookish Things: Reading & The Summer Heat


When I was younger, I used to love summer reading. (Well, not the stuff they assigned me to read for school, I always resented that reading) But most of my summers in high school and college were spent out in my back yard on a deck chair with a good book.

You know...reading and working on my tan, which I never seemed to get.

I have to skin shades, pasty white and red.

Flash forward to 2013...and I can't freaking concentrate on a book when it is over 80. It is like my brain has totally melted.

I don't know if it is age, or if it is the heat that is different these days. Damn climate change! Whatever it is, it is slowing my reading down immensely this summer, and I don't like it one bit.

In fact, the weather in Charleroi, PA where I live makes me think of this Rob Thomas video...

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs