Saturday, October 12, 2013

Book Review: Naked Sushi

Author: Jina Bacarr
Title: Naked Sushi
Publisher: Harlequin: Cosmo Red-Hot Reads
Publish Date: Oct 15, 2013
Buy: Amazon
Review Copy Provided By: Net Galley
Book Blurb: One day I'm getting canned from my job as a computer programmer for having wild copy-room sex with a guy I thought was the new game designer. The next, I'm crashing my ex-boss's business lunch in a creative attempt to get my job back and men are eating sushi off my naked body!

That's when I realize:

a) My ex-boss is a hiding corporate secrets

b) Hot copy-room guy is an undercover FBI agent

c) I would make a kick-ass spy!

Then Special Agent Hottie brings out his cuffs, and things get really interesting…


Review: Jina Bacarr writes some pretty spicy erotic for Harlequin. She also really likes to add a Japanese touch to her books, so I was really curious as to how the sushi figured into the story, and what other elements she brought to the table.

Pepper O'Malley is a geeky computer programmer who lost her job because she was getting some on the copier. To try to get her job back she takes her friends job as a sushi model in order to talk to her old boss.

Yes, there are such things as sushi models where people eat sushi off of the body of a naked chick.

(Uh...no thank you)

The copy room sex is hot, so at least she lost her job for a good cause, but after that the story gets a little out of hand. Jina's plot is a little too intricate to work well in a story that is only a little over 100 pages long. It really needed some more length.

But I have to admit, Pepper and Steve (The FBI/Copier Guy) have their moments, some spicy and some silly, so it gave the story some balance, if not levity.

Steve (The FBI Guy) is trying to flush out her boss for some money laundering he's doing through his business and Pepper gets to go along for the ride. It helps that she always wanted to work for the FBI/CIA. So the two of them are in close contact and sparks are flying all over the place because they are both...well...horny...and they can't keep their hands off each other.

This is not a short story to be taken seriously, it is one to read, enjoy and maybe get a few laughs from.

Rating: 4 flowers


0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs