Tuesday, August 28, 2018

TLC Book Tours Book Review: Strictly Confidential

About Strictly Confidential (The Boardroom)

Mass Market Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: Carina Press; Original edition (August 28, 2018)
What’s your pleasure?
From Lynda Aicher, author of the bestselling Wicked Play books, comes an exclusive invitation to the Boardroom—where working late has its rewards.
Life is about power—who has it, who doesn’t.
Anyone who says otherwise hasn’t spent time in Kennedy Keller’s business-casual two-point-five-inch heels. A woman in a world very much run by men, Kennedy does whatever it takes to keep her power, in the office and outside of it.
Until she lets her guard down and decides to submit to a man for just one night. He’s everything she doesn’t usually let herself have: sexy, strong…dominant.
Matt Hamilton said goodbye to the Dom life years ago—power games and the delectable push/pull of dominance and submission might start in the bedroom, but it never stays there.
Reunited in the Boardroom, Matt and Kennedy test their desires and boundaries…and learn that one night is never just one night.

Purchase Links

Amazon | Barnes & Noble

About Lynda Aicher

Lynda Aicher has always loved to read. After years of weekly travel implementing computer software into global companies, she ended her nomadic lifestyle to raise her two children. Now her imagination is her only limitation on where she can go and her writing lets her escape from the daily duties as a mom, wife, chauffeur, scheduler, cook, teacher, volunteer, cleaner and mediator.

Connect with Lynda

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram


Review: I don't often make the foray into erotica. I don't know why erotica must always = BDSM. Something about this book caught my interest and when all is said and done, I actually enjoyed it.

What I really loved was that Kennedy wasn't a sub. You have no idea how happy that made me. I also liked that these characters weren't twentysomethings. That was absolutely amazing. I also loved that Matt was a father and that his kids are older, 15 and 19 respectively.

Oh and there was an actual plot, something I find lacking in a lot of erotic erm..romance.

So I was more than pleasantly surprised at this story. I loved Matt's kids and I liked Kennedy's issues. I liked that Matt's kids cared about him and his relationship and that they worried about him.  Even better, I liked that a relationship built between them, even though I wish there were some more mental connection between them. Yes, they both had high power jobs. Yes, they both were into a bit of kink. I just wish there was something real they had in common.

The sex was smoking hot in this book. REALLY REALLY HOT. It also started pretty early on in the book, from hotel rooms to a super sexy sex club called The Boardroom.

So if you are looking for erotica with a little more story, this is definitely a book to try.


Rating: 4 flowers


1 comments:

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

Thanks for being on the tour!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs