Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Book Review: The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle

The Cowboy's Christmas MiracleAuthor: Raeanne Thayne
Title: The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle
Publisher: Silhouette Special Edition
Publish Date: 2008
Rating:4 Stars
Book Blurb: Christmas was tough for widow Jenna Wheeler and her four children. But even though she'd sold part of her family's land to make ends meet, she was determined to spin the holiday into the stuff of magic--no matter what it took. Now if she could only find a job....

Maybe her new landlord could oblige--gorgeous, child-averse Carson McRaven. He needed a chef, and he knew the lovely Jenna could do a bang-up job--if only she could keep her brood out of his hair. But as he found himself catapulted into the cheerful chaos of her family...not to mention Jenna's arms...he learned more about the spirit of Christmas than he'd ever dreamed.

Review: Christmas books always give me warm fuzzy feelings and this one was no different. I usually don't read Christmas books in August, but I've had this one for awhile, so I gave it a go.

What a sweet story, though I have to admit that it was hard to keep track of all of Jenna's kids. She had 4, and throughout most of the story, I kept wondering how she could even contemplate having a relationship because if I were her, I'd be afraid I'd get pregnant again.

Jenna's boys Hayden, Kip and Drew are always getting in trouble on McRaven's ranch, which used to be the Wagon Wheel, when Jenna's husband was alive. She sold part of it to Carson to keep her head above water. There's resentment there from all ends, but Carson doesn't prove to be the Scrooge that first impressions would leave you thinking he was. He's had his share of tough times and Jenna and her kids show him what Christmas is all about; love.

Yes, the story is a bit far-fetched, but it is a Christmas story and magical things happen during the holidays. This was definitely a great book to read, curled up with a cup of cocoa on a cold night or maybe a glass of iced tea!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I go utterly in phases on Christmas books. Some are just too hokey to keep my attention and others, well, I just enjoy the season! I saw another couple of books in the past two weeks, which is why I think Christmas books are on my mind. One is "Mary's Son," which comes out in October sometime. For those with YA kids in the house, it looks like one you'll both (all) enjoy. It's about an 11-year-old rich girl, lone in her mansion with a dad who's too busy for her; a street-smart thug kind of guy who's looking at the girl's house for a burglary, and the mysterious little man named Nicholas. It looks very interesting -- we've got so much petty bickering, so much partisanship and sniping, not to mention the real big stuff like terrorism (and economic hardship -- we're feeling that ourselves) -- and this looks like a great story about sacrifice, love and the real "Christ in Christmas" that too often only gets lip service.

Oh -- and I'm going to look for the cowboy book, too! Thanks for the recommendation.

Lover Of Romance said...

Good review!! I just love reading christmas stories they are so fun to read!!! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

I have a Award for you Here

Happy Reading!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs