Monday, May 23, 2011

Armchair BEA: Introduction

Armchair BEA is upon us. I totally wish I could go to NYC and get to see all the fabulous stuff there, but money is tight and I have elderly parents to care for, so it isn't happening here.

This Chick will be armchairing it as much as possible though.

Here's a bit about The Chick Who Reads

Me, in 140 characters or less : Animal lover, Music-Reviewer, Reader. Secretary by profession but not by choice. Lover of historical fiction and romance, chicklit, mysteries and YA. Oh and crazy cat lady extraordinaire.

If you could put one book in the hands of everyone you come in contact with, what would it be and why? 


That is easy, Gaston Leroux's The Phantom Of The Opera.  This is one of the easiest classic novels to read. I think it would almost qualify as a cozy mystery if it had been published more recently.

The Phantom of the OperaI really loved all the characters in this book, especially Erik, The Phantom.  I think everyone should read this book. When I was in high school, honors english, I actually wrote the reading test for this novel.

I wonder if anyone ever took the exam?.....hmmmm.

Do you host any special events or memes on your blog that you would like to share with us (outside of Armchair BEA)? Please explain.

Right now I'm trying to get a new meme on Thursdays started. I've had a few book tour commitments that have kept me from getting it done regularly though, but the meme is called TBR Thursday. In this meme, everyone shares a few books from their To Be Read piles.

5 comments:

Diana said...

I haven't read The Phantom of the Opera but I really want to! Maybe I will. =)

Alison Can Read said...

Welcome to Armchair BEA! I should really read Phantom. Such a classic musical. Should read the book.

Angela's Anxious Life said...

I love that you came up with your own questions!

Angie

XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

lisa (the little reader) said...

wow, your blog layout is gorgeous. i read The Phantom of the Opera book when i was much younger and became obsessed with the musical. i ended up searching out anything and everything that had to do with the phantom, because i'm manic like that. :)

Laura @ I'm Booking It said...

Yay for crazy cat ladies!!!

I admit, I've never been pulled toward reading The Phantom of the Opera, but maybe I should. Maybe I'll nominate it for book club discussion...

I look forward to hanging out during Armchair BEA!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs