Friday, May 13, 2011

Bookish Ramblings

Smokin' Seventeen: A Stephanie Plum Novel
~ I shouldn't be so excited about this book but I am!

The blurb makes it sound like it might be a little different from the usual Plums. Ah, but who am I kidding, I can't resist Stephanie Plum!

Where there’s smoke there’s fire, and no one knows this better than New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum.


Dead bodies are showing up in shallow graves on the empty construction lot of Vincent Plum Bail Bonds. No one is sure who the killer is, or why the victims have been offed, but what is clear is that Stephanie’s name is on the killer’s list.

Short on time to find evidence proving the killer’s identity, Stephanie faces further complications when her family and friends decide that it’s time for her to choose between her longtime off-again-on-again boyfriend, Trenton cop Joe Morelli, and the bad boy in her life, security expert Ranger. Stephanie’s mom is encouraging Stephanie to dump them both and choose a former high school football star who’s just returned to town. Stephanie’s sidekick, Lula, is encouraging Stephanie to have a red-hot boudoir “bake-off.” And Grandma Bella, Morelli’s old-world grandmother, is encouraging Stephanie to move to a new state when she puts “the eye” on Stephanie.

With a cold-blooded killer after her, a handful of hot men, and a capture list that includes a dancing bear and a senior citizen vampire, Stephanie’s life looks like it’s about to go up in smoke.
 
~ And since I brought up the topic of Stephanie Plum, there's something that's been bugging me. How do you cope with people that bash your favorite books. Now I'm not talking about Twilight...because let's face it...for every 10 Twihards...there are 10 who hate the book with a passion. It is either one way or another.
 
But in the last few weeks I've seen The Phantom Of The Opera slammed, rather mercilessly as well as The Stephanie Plum series. Now I'll be the first to admit that after 15 books, they have lost a little of their luster, but I don't think any of them are awful. I've never not been able to read one after I started it.
 
But really, how do you deal with people that get nasty about your favorite books. It makes me sad to think something I loved isn't well received. Strange isn't it?
 
~ Now onto my craziness, I'm reading 3 books right now. I'm not sure why, except right now I seem to have the attention span of a fruit fly and I can't seem to concentrate on any of the three books I'm reading which are:
 
The Parting/The Forbidden/The Longing (The Courtship of Nellie Fisher 1-3)In the WoodsIncredible Dreams

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs