Saturday, November 5, 2011

Book Loving Bitches Book Tours Book Review: Anything

Author: Michael Baron
Title:  Anything
Publisher: The Story Plant
Publish Date: Oct 18, 2011
Review Copy Provided By: Book Lovin' Bitches Ebook Tours & the Publisher
Buy: Amazon
Book Blurb: With Anything, Michael Baron again draws readers into a world of deep emotion, compelling relationships, and heartfelt humor, and this time he adds a touch of fantasy. Ken and Melissa are at the dawn of a magnificent life together. A passionate romance has led them to the doorstep of marriage. While searching for the perfect wedding present for Melissa, Ken stumbles into a mysterious shop. There, he is given an extraordinary opportunity – to look in on Melissa when she was a girl. Ken has always wished he could have known Melissa from the day she was born and this seems like an incredible blessing.
Until he discovers a terrible secret in Melissa's past, one so awful she has found it impossible to mention to him.

Now Ken has another extraordinary opportunity. He can go back in time and change the horrible event that has left an indelible mark on Melissa. He can free her of this burden – but doing so could change things so completely that they might never meet.

Ken has repeatedly told Melissa that he would do anything for her. But would he truly do anything?

At once a wildly romantic tale and a compelling human adventure, Anything brings Michael Baron's storytelling to a dramatic new level.

Review: I really loved the plot of this story. How awesome would it be to have someone love you so much that they would take the chance of not ever knowing you, just to erase something bad that happened in your life?

That's what Ken did for Melissa.

Baron combines time travel and romance to make a book that is very nearly perfect. Very nearly, because Ken and Melissa were more believable and likable before Ken decided to fix things. They were a normal couple, doing normal things. After Ken visits Stephon's and is able to see Melissa's past things become larger than life. Ken's character is not nearly as enjoyable as he tries to find a way to get his life back, not that he can, because his meddling has truly altered Melissa's life.

The time travel aspect of this story is interesting, because it isn't time travel in that "Doctor Who" kind of way. Ken is simply viewing Melissa's past, until he sees something he doesn't like, and because of his love for her he wants to change it. There's a good foreshadowing of what that incident deals with when the couple share dinner with Melissa's parents.

The story is told from the man's point of view, which makes it more interesting. It isn't often in a romantic story that we really get to know the hero, and Michael Baron, gives us a very interesting one in Ken. It is a shame that has he's trying to regain Melissa, that he loses something.

I really enjoyed this book. I devoured it in a day. Sure there were things that bugged me, but I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you are a fan of Nicholas Sparks. There are definite similarities in the writing styles.

Rating: 4 flowers



Author Info: I grew up in the New York area and I’ve lived there my entire life. I worked in retail and taught high school English before I got my first book contract. I have gotten several additional book contracts since then, which is fortunate because I didn’t have the patience to work in retail and, while I quite enjoyed teaching, my approach was a bit too unconventional for most school systems. One school administrator told me that, “there are more important things than being a dynamic teacher.” Since I couldn’t name any of those things (at least in the context of school), I figured I didn’t have a long-term future in the profession. Hence, I became a writer, where I believe people appreciate a certain level of dynamism.

Website: http://www.michaelbaronbooks.com/Michael_Baron_site/Home.html


0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs