Monday, June 17, 2013

A Chick Ponders Bookish Things: The Did Not Finish Pile

This was not a good reading weekend. I tried to read repeatedly while I sat in my dad's hospital room. It is one of the places I can always get reading done.

He's got a broken pelvis and is in rehab for at least the rest of this week.

Every book I picked up, got put down.

Absolutely nothing was holding my interest.

One of the books I gave up on was by one of my favorite authors, but for some reason, the characters just weren't clicking with me. My interest wouldn't last more than 60 pages and I gave up.

That's something that I seldom do.

Blame it on stress...

Blame it on the heat and lack of air conditioning.

Whatever you blame it on, I just simply couldn't find anything to read this weekend and that makes me very depressed.

When was the last time you had a book you simply couldn't finish?

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs