Saturday, December 26, 2015

Book Review: Her Mistletoe Cowboy

Author: Marie Ferrarella
Title: Her Mistletoe Cowboy
Publisher: Harlequin American Romance
Publish Date: December 1, 2015
Buy: Amazon
Book Blurb: 
Kimberly Lee isn't sure what she'll find when she comes to Forever, Texas, to do a story on a groundbreaking program that could put this small town on the map. It certainly isn't the warm, friendly community that makes the roving reporter feel instantly at home. Or the accident that lays her up at Garrett White Eagle's ranch, where the blue-eyed rancher awakens feelings she long ago gave up.

Giving people hope again is the goal of the healing ranch Garrett started with his brother. And the lovely, hardworking writer is no exception. Doesn't Kim realize how much good they can do—together? Her future is here with him. If she's willing to trust in a love that could fulfill the promise of forever.


Review: Marie Ferrarella is one of the reigning queens of cowboy romances. I love her writing. I wish I could say I loved this story. This year, I haven't liked many of the holiday romances I've read and all for the same reason, I didn't like the heroine.

Kim isn't all bad, but she is so jaded that it makes her hard to like. When she comes to The Healing Ranch she really thinks the worst of Garrett and Jackson, even though they are doing something good. There is no way you can't like these two guys.

Kim professes to be a good journalist, or wants to be one, but she doesn't see the benefit of doing a feel good story. She wants to uncover something bad about The Healing Ranch and the men the run it.

Her attitude made it hard to figure out why Garrett would be attracted to her. Maybe that's why there wasn't a hint of romance between them until the book was more than half way through. It was very unnerving. I wanted a bit more romance to this book and it simply wasn't there. There wasn't much holiday either, so that was another disappointment for me.

I like my holiday books to be fun and lighthearted. Sadly this book missed the mark for me.

Rating: 3 flowers




0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs