Thursday, February 17, 2011

How Weird Is This

I just realized that most of the books I've read this past month were ebooks. In fact, I'm not sure what the last hard copy book I read was.

That almost troubles me, especially with the news about Borders filing for Chapter 11.

Sure I love new technology. Its fun. It is also space saving, but I hate that it may be taking me away from "real" books.

What is even odder than me reading more ebooks all of a sudden, is that I read ebooks much more slowly than paperbacks or hard cover books.

I havent' figured out why that is yet. Except maybe I'm careful with my Nook and I don't want to hurt my pretty toy.

So do any of you ebookers find yourself reading more ebooks than print books? Any of you find yourself, like me, reading more slowly as a result?

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I haven't made the big step yet. I'm not sure if I would like it.

heavenisabookstore said...

Since I bought my Nook I have read at least three to five books a week. It's crazy and I still love the actual paper books. I am currently reading A Discovery of Witches and this is a HUGE book, sorry I borrowed it instead of getting it on my Nook. lol

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs