Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Innovative Online Book Tours Book Review: Faerie Cake Dead


Author: J.M. Griffin
Title: Faerie Cake Dead
Publisher:
Publish Date: Feb 19, 2012
Buy: Amazon
Review Copy Provided By: Innovative Online Book Tours and the author
Book Blurb:Tea, trust and trouble collide at Faerie Cake Junction. When divorcee, Luna Devere, owner of Faerie Cake Junction, meets general contractor, Devin Radford, chaos reigns. Devin instantly wreaks romantic havoc in Luna's life after she finds a corpse sitting in her tea shop as though awaiting service. The shop is surrounded by faeries who have befriended Luna. They know who left the dead man, but they aren't sharing. The sheriff is convinced Luna is daft and that she's the culprit. Devin wonders just how odd Luna is...even though he's drawn to her. And, Luna's ex-husband tries to incriminate her for reasons and purposes of his own. Will Luna survive? Only the faeries know.

Review:  I reviewed J.M. Griffin's Murder On Spyglass Lane awhile back and decided then that she was going to be an author that I wanted to watch out for. I'm glad I made that decision. I love cozy mysteries, and this one is a combination of two things I like, tasty treats and the paranormal, in this case faeries.

I also love quirky characters and that is Luna!

Her relationship with Devlin is a bit strange, I would have liked the characters to be more fleshed out so that their relationship might have been more plausible, but overall the story was cute.

My only gripe is that this story made me really hungry for cupcakes and there are none on hand. What a bummer. Actually this story will make you very hungry overall. The description of the cupcakes though will have any mortal salivating and probably a few faeries and pixies too.

It kept you guessing until the very end, whodunit, at least it did me, and the answer was a bit of a surprise.

This is a great story for those looking for a quick fun cozy! I can't wait for more of this series.

Rating: 4 flowers








Website: www.JMGriffin.net
Video http://youtu.be/b4sfqSGRFJQ

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs