Friday, January 17, 2014

A Chick Ponders Bookish Things: Why I Love My Library


I actually have 2 really awesome libraries within 10 minutes of my house. One in my hometown, another in a neighboring town.

Of the two, Monessen Public Library is my favorite.

Why?

Well, because it is beautiful.

I'm going to make it my top priority to get a few pictures of my library the next time I go there, but trust me when I say it is super cozy and though it doesn't have a fantastic selection, thank's to budget cuts, it has introduced me to some great reads over the years.

One of the authors I was re-introduced to was Jennifer Chiaverini. I read a few of her "Quilt" series before, but they didn't do it for me. But then I read The Christmas Quilt...and now I have to read more. If I hadn't re-opened my library account I probably never would have read that book, and I have to say, it is a holiday story that I highly recommend.

When I was a little girl, I remember reading all the Jean Plaidy novels I could get my hands on from that library and the John K. Tener Library, which is the one in my hometown of Charleroi, PA.

There are so many books I never would have found, if not for these two fabulous libraries, and that is why I love them.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs