Monday, August 9, 2010

Book Review: Billionaire Extraordinaire

Billionaire Extraordinaire (Silhouette Desire)Author: Leanne Banks
Title: Billionaire Extraordinaire
Publisher: Silhouette Desire
Publish Date: May 2009
Rating: 4 Stars
Book Blurb: Mr. May: Damien Medici, überbillionaire
Mission: Revenge...through any means
Method: Seduction, of course!

Finally he could avenge his family. And the key to achieving all Damien desired lay in the hands of his sweet new secretary, Emma Weatherfield. She could reveal the privileged information he so desperately wanted. But in order to gain Emma's trust, he had to win her love.

Romancing his way into Emma's heart was easier than he'd imagined. Doing so without entrapping himself, however, was not something this risk-taker had ever anticipated.

MAN OF THE MONTH: A select member of The Billionaires Club--self-made men...rich in everything but love!

Review: Leanne Banks is another one of my favorite authors for the Desire line and she really doesn't disappoint. The story was for the most part solid and the characters were believable and really likable. I think that's what I love about the Desire line. The heros aren't quite as arrogant as in the Presents line. You can understand why the women are falling all over them.

Emma was really a unique heroine in this story. A top of the line administrative assistent for the firm that Damien is working to downsize and destroy (for revenge of course).

Her mother has a gambling problem and it has made Emma very frugal. I think that is the one part of the story that bugged me. When Damien gives her carte blanche to go shopping for a business trip to Florida, she goes to the outlet mall.

Uh, Emma, I'm a poor girl. If a billionaire offered me a credit card and told me to go crazy on clothes, and I lived in Vegas? Let me tell you, he'd have a pretty wild bill the next month! I would buy and buy and accessorize!

I loved Emma's mother, and I really wished there would have been more story time with her. She was such fun, crazy and loving. I hated that she was painted in such a poor light because of her addiction, especially as it was obvious she loved her daughter.

Damien was the kind of boss we'd all love to work for. He's rich, he's nice and he's got the hots for his assistant. Why can't I be his assistant? Really! This was one of those stories I wouldn't have minded being a character in. Considering that he was in the company to work at downsizing and he had a hidden agenda, he never came across as being hard to work for, plus in the name of revenge he was super nice to Emma all the time. Plus, as we all know, in romances, a happily ever after is coming, you know that he really loves her, so that just makes him seem even better as a hero.

The sex was steamy but there wasn't a lot of it. In fact, the first real hot scene wasn't until the book was more than half finished. I liked that, because the story didn't need that much spice to keep the heat up.

File this one under quick and easy weekend reads. Very fun and sexy story!

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs