Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ereader Debate

Barnes & Noble NOOK ebook reader (WiFi + 3G)
There is no way I'm going to be able to go away for vacation this year, so I decided to treat myself to a new toy. I want an eReader. Not because I want to give up physical copies of my books. No, that won't happen because I love "real" books too much.

However there are some places that I can get ARCs digitally.
Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest Generation
So I've been asking everyone what they like about each of the eReaders that seem to be selling well. I have to admit, I'm leaning towards the Nook. Though I think I'll opt for the lesser priced model withou thte 3G.

I'm also considering the Kindle, because it has been around for quite some time and everyone loves them. I just don't like devices where I have to convert files to a different format to use them. It is one of the reasons I avoided iPods for the longest times. I hate m4a files. Plus I have alot of books on PDF and I don't want to have to go through all the extra time that conversion takes.

So can any of you provide me with some good feedback on these two devices. I know some people have Sony readers too, but I really like the features on the Nook and Kindle.

2 comments:

BookHounds said...

I am having the same internal debate. I can't decide between the Nook, Sony and Kindle. Each have strong points, but like you I have access to ARC that mostly come in PDF form. I know the Sony has the easiest interface for that type of file. I love the little keyboard on the Kindle. I am soo cunfused.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I believe the new Kindle (released at the end of the month) will be able to read PDFs.

As you know, I went for the Kindle... though I have to wait until the 1st week of September for mine. It's so hard to wait! :D

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs