Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fall Into Reading Challenge


Timeline: Sept 1 - Nov 30, 2010

Goal:Complete all 12 reading prompts
~ Special thanks to Sheila @ Bookjourney, Michelle @ Michelle's Ramblin's, Jennifer @ An Abundance Of Books and Deepali @ E-volving Books for help with the prompts!

1. Read a book outside your comfort zone: Kathy Reichs - Bare Bones
2. Read a "chunky book" 500 + pages. Deanna Raybourn - The Dark Road To Darjeeling
3. Read a book with the letter "S" for September in either the title or the author's name. Deanna Raybourn - Silent In The Sanctuary
4. Read a book that is part of a series. Erin Hunter - Forest Of Secrets Warrior Cats Series
5. Re-read a book that you consider an old friend. Eve Bunting - Ghosts Of Departure Point
6. Read something "Spooky" for halloween. Sally Carleen - Shaded Leaves Of Destiny
7. Read a book that was recommended to you by a friend. Terry Pratchett - The Color Of Magic
8. Read one of the books that's been on your TBR the longest. Terry Pratchett - Hogfather
9. Read a book by a debut author. Olivia deBelle Byrd - Miss Hildreth Wore Brown
10. Read a book with a "fall" theme: Margaret Daley - A Texas Thanksgiving
11. Reader's Choice: Brenda Joyce - The Promise
12. Read a book by an author that you love Hope Tarr - A Rogue's Pleasure

To sign up...grab the link and make a post that you are accepting the challenge, then come back here and leave the link to the post where you'll share your review links!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay this will be fun! Thanks for hosting it! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting this! It will be fun :) I just linked my blog URL on accident, but it will be under my challenges tab!

Aleksandra said...

I'm in :) Thanks for hosting :)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Looks like a fun challenge! I'm just terrible at challenges or I'd love to join in.

Anonymous said...

I'll give it a try! This will be my first official "Reading Challenge"

Tony D said...

So, do you have to read twelve separate books? Or can you kill two (ten) birds with one stone?

The Mistress of the Dark said...

It should be 12 separate books Tony. :)

Tony D said...

No problem...I just started Les Miserables and it could have knocked off a third of these. :)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Are you reading the unabridged version? I've wanted to read that for ages. I re-read one of the abridged versions a few years ago, and I liked it better this time more than I did in high school.

Tony D said...

yes, the unabridged. Though I think the abridged would qualify as "chunky" too. ;)

Pablo Molina said...

nice challenge i really like the 12 book themes, do you mind if I do it in my spanish blog? because that way i could be part of it!
thnxx!

Lu... said...

I liked the proposal ... I sign

Alex said...

Interesting, I a

Alejandra De la Fuente said...

Great? good challenge, im in :D

The Book Bee said...

Hi there I just signed up as well xx

Book Loving Mommy said...

Hi! Just signed up for this challenge! Sounds like fun :)

Bev Hankins said...

Can books read for other challenges count for this one (not necessarily all...but some)? If so, I'm definitely in. If not, then I'm in, but we'll have to see if I make it (I may be over-committing myself in a reading challenge frenzy :-) )

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Bev: certainly :)

Cielo Azul said...

Yay! Is fantastic! Count me!! My blog is in spanish too! ;)

Take care,

~Yelania

Sarah Reads Too Much said...

I just signed up again, as I moved my blog over the weekend. The 'blogspot' address is the correct one. Thank you! (One book down already!)

Bev Hankins said...

I just finished my last book today. All my reviews are on my original link (http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/09/fall-into-reading-challenge.html).

Let me know if you'd like a wrap up post. Thanks for hosting this has been fun!

Aleksandra said...

I completed the challenge & just in time! Here's my wrap-up post: http://my-book-obsession.blogspot.com/2010/11/challenge-wrap-up-fall-into-reading.html
Thanks for hosting!

Pablo Molina said...

I finished the challenge just in time also!!
http://lanaturalezadeloslibros.blogspot.com/2010/11/reto-entrando-otono-completado.html

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs