Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday



This is an meme from The Broke and the Bookish.

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers.

The Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read

1.Charlotte Bronte - Villette: I barely got through Jane Eyre in high school. I've always felt that most literature should be read when you are an adult or when you want to. Forced reading never brings about any enjoyment.

2. J. K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7): Don't ask, but I've read this series in a haphazard fashion. I think I need to read one or two others. Bad me.

3. Hunger Games Trilogy: Apparently I'm the only one in the universe not to read these books.

4. Northanger Abbey: I haven't read most of Austen's work. Its part of my Classics reading challenge.

5. Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood : Yeah, I own all of them, and they are all on my TBR pile. GAH!

6. George Harrison - I, Me, Mine: George is my favorite Beatle and yet I've never read his book. Bad Bad Bad Bad me.

7. Barry Miles - Paul McCartney: Many Years From Now Again, how did I miss this book?

8. Mary Shelley - Frankenstein

9. Stephanie Meyer - Eclipse and Breaking Dawn: I just can't do it to myself. The first two books were so painful to me, however I do want to finish this series.

10. Victor Hugo - Les Misérables (Signet Classics) One day I will be brave and I will read the whole book..80 bazillion pages and all!

7 comments:

Lover Of Romance said...

I love your top ten!!! I have never been able to have enough courage to read Les Miserables either, but I do like watching the play!!!

Laura Massey said...

I bought Les Misérables today. I'll be starting it some time in September. Over 1400 pages! I'm extremely intimidated, but I'm determined to read it.

Anonymous said...

Nice top 10! I definitely agree about reading literature as an adult. High school and having to study a novel is generally the fastest way to hating it...

I haven't read The Hunger Games series either. Starting to feel very left out about that!

Sugar and Snark said...

Oooh you should definitely start the Sookie Stackhouse series! They are so much fun :)

Lu
Have a look at my new
Giveaway
:)

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I don't think I've read any of those either!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

The Hunger Games sort of sneaked up on me; I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

Which reminds me....Why haven't I gone to get book 3??! Must go this week.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

OK. So it's Saturday but I still wanted to participate. I hope you are willing to take a look at my top ten "I can't believe I haven't read" books, too.
http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/08/ten-books-i-cant-believe-i-havent-read.html

I read an abridged form of Les Miserables. It was still 800 pages but it was doable.

-Anne

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs