Thursday, February 7, 2013

Book Review: The Downfall Of A Good Girl


Author: Kimberly Lang
Title: The Downfall Of A Good Girl
Publisher: Harlequin Kiss
Publish Date: Jan 22, 2013
Buy: Amazon
Review Copy Provided By: Net Galley
Book Blurb: 
"Why would you decide to seduce me? And why now after all these years?"
Southern debutante Vivienne LaBlanc can't believe bad-boy rock star Connor Mansfield is back in town for the New Orleans annual Saints and Sinners pageant. He has a reputation as wicked as his devilish smile, and Vivi has no intention of becoming one of his latest groupies!

He once crushed her high school heart, so playing the saint to Connor's sinner should be easy. But how can Vivi get those less than angelic thoughts out of her head—especially when Connor's so good at tempting her to be bad.

Review: I love Harlequin's new Kiss line. The stories are fun with a little bit of added spice. I'm kind of on the fence with this one. I love the plot of a good girl and bad boy getting together, but Vivi is just a hard character to relate to. I mean she was a debutante and a pageant queen. She's everything I usually hate in a woman, but she is sweet in some ways. That said, I had a hard time warming up to her. She was too superior and too snotty and her obsession with winning got on my nerves.

Its Connor that you have to love. He's not really a bad boy, of course. And he has a way of putting Vivi in her place, which makes their fights quite fun to read.

In fact, I kind of liked them fighting more than I liked them together.

Once the two of them hooked up, the story lost some of its luster for me. I liked the spark of their bickering and the only bickering that happened after they had sex involved misunderstandings.

~big sigh~

But back to Connor, he's a rock star, coming back to his home town. I mean, who doesn't dream of a sexy rocker falling for them! Plus he's really sweet.

This is the stuff of Mary Sue type fanfiction!

Now seriously, someone find me a piano playing rocker like Connor, cos I want one!

Rating: 3 flowers





0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs