Saturday, April 2, 2011

Book Review: Life, Love and A Polar Bear Tattoo

Life, Love, and a Polar Bear TattooAuthor: Heather Wardell
Title: Life, Love, and a Polar Bear Tattoo
Publisher: Createspace
Publish Date: Nov 24, 2010
Buy: Barnes & Noble  (Free ebook)
Book Blurb:  When Candice's in-laws died in a car accident eight months ago, she lost her husband Ian too. After only two years of marriage their guilt and pain have left them living together but apart. During Ian's month-long trip overseas, Candice plans to decide if her marriage can be saved, but when the first man she ever loved is the new client at work, she wonders what she truly wants from life and love.

Review: I read Heather's Planning To Live a few months ago and I loved it. I was anxious to read more of her books and there are many. This particular one is a free ebook read @ Barnes and Noble. I actually read it on my smartphone which wasn't exactly a fun experience, as I'm just adjusting to the new device, but back to the book.

Heather has definitely created another winning story. It is all about the characters. Candice is a very real, thirtysomething, going through a rough time in her marriage. Kegan is the ex-she never really got over. When the hubby is away, the mice will play...or at least they will want to play.

The things Candice went through were everyday, real life feelings. From a cancer scare to her insecurities about her looks to her feelings about Kegan. That's why this book is such an engaging read. It is like reading a story about people you know, or want to know.

I definitely envied Candice her friendships and how they tried to help her even while she was making mistakes. I have to say I don't know if I could have made the decision she had to make especially when the heart is involved with two people.

There were only a few things that bothered me about this book. One dealt with her cancer scare. I've had bad pap smears and I've had to have a colposcopy twice to check out my dysplasia, and I know that when it comes to cancer, most doctors have a consult after a test or biopsy, they don't make phone calls.

The other thing the was a little unnerving were the scene changes. Some were a little abrupt and left me confused as to where the story was going. I can't say that this made me dislike the story any though.

Planning To Live, put Heather Wardell on my must read author list, Life Love and a Polar Bear Tattoo reaffirmed that for me. Heather writes chicklit about "real" women.

Rating: 4 flowers



1 comments:

Aleksandra said...

Sounds good! I've read only one of her books, 7 exes are 8 too many & I loved it :)

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs