Thursday, November 4, 2010

All I Want For Christmas # 3

This is a feature/meme where I choose a book each week leading up to Christmas and say why it's made it onto my wishlist – and I'd love to see what books everyone else is hoping to get! I'll be posting my pick each Thursday, but you guys can link up and visit other people's posts all through the week.


I found this meme over at Danya's site, so if you decide to play along, go there and drop off your link.
Author: Jill Mansell
Title: Take A Chance On Me
Book Blurb: The latest confection from the author of Perfect Timing (2009) is about what happens when your past collides with your present. In tiny Channings Hill, chauffeur Cleo can’t help but run into her childhood tormentor Johnny LaVenture at every turn. Now a successful artist, he’s back in town to settle his uncle’s estate. Cleo takes solace in the fact that she’s dating perfect Will until his perfect wife Fia shows up on her doorstep. Cleo dumps Will, but she can’t avoid Fia, who has decided to stick around Channings Hill and becomes the object of Cleo’s friend Ash’s affections. Cleo is nursing a crush, too, as she realizes that Johnny has outgrown his teasing ways. Then he receives a surprise of his own from his supermodel ex-girlfriend. Quirky characters, a charming setting, and misunderstandings aplenty make this madcap romantic comedy a fun, light read.
Why I Want This Book: I've heard about this author from so many people and I have several of her books on my wishlist, but I really like the looks of the plot. It looks like a fun, curl up on the couch on a cold night, read.

4 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

It's always nice to find a fun read under the Christmas tree. Hope this one will be there for you this year.

Reading Lassie said...

Jill Mansell is one of my favorite chick lit authors! All her books are perfect for a chick who loves to read. :) Hope you find this under your Christmas tree. :)

PS Your blog looks cute and neat. New follower here. :)

Reading Lassie

danya said...

Haven't heard of this one before but it sounds like a cute read, hope you find it under the tree :)

Sharon said...

I don't know this author but this does sound like a fun read! I hope you get it for Christmas.

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs