Monday, May 17, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This Meme is courtesy of Book Journey

I'm just about finished with the two books I posted about on Saturday. So I went to my TBR pile which is more like a mountain, a very large one at that, and I decided that Tanith Lee's Darkness I is going to be my next read. I mentioned this one in my last post as well, but I'm going to give you a little synopsis on this one now.

Book excerpt from Amazon & Publishers Weekly

In broad daylight young Anna is kidnapped while her mother watches helplessly and her father lies nearby severely wounded. But Anna is Scarabae, one of an ancient family of vampires who live like much of the rest of humanity but differ in that their lives extend for centuries. Also, they have an occasional need for human blood. Her abduction sparks old feuds and strange alliances among various family members. It is no secret that the mastermind behind Anna's kidnapping, as well as that of other children, is Cain, the most ancient vampire of all. Lee mesmerizes the reader with her exquisite rhythm as she tells a complex tale of adventure permeated with surreal and erotic images. This book follows Dark Dance (Dell, 1994) and Personal Darkness (Dell, 1992). Although part of a series, it can be read and enjoyed on its own.

I'm looking forward to starting this one tomorrow. Since its a hardback it will be my bedtime book which will take me a lot longer to read than most of my other books.

Last week's books

Lynn Jacobs - Folly To Love
Erica Spindler - See Jane Die
Anne Worboys - Aurora Rose

4 comments:

E.J. Stevens said...

It's Monday!

My What are you reading? is here.

Happy Monday. Ooh, this book sounds wonderful! Adding to my wishlist. :)

xx,
E.J.

Zia said...

Sounds kind of interesting. I hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Looks like it is an interesting read! I hope you enjoy your book and your week!

Sam McCall said...

I love Erica Spindler! She's fantastic. Her books are great. The Tanith book sounds creepy! lol

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs