Friday, October 22, 2010

All I Want For Christmas....

This is a feature/meme where I choose a book each week leading up to Christmas and say why it's made it onto my wishlist – and I'd love to see what books everyone else is hoping to get! I'll be posting my pick each Thursday, but you guys can link up and visit other people's posts all through the week.

I found this meme over at Danya's site, so if you decide to play along, go there and drop off your link.

Here's my first wishlist book



Author: Sheila Roberts
Title: On Strike For Christmas
Book Blurb: Roberts's sweetly vengeful dig at do-nothing husbands follows a smalltown knitting club of wives who are sick and tired of toiling over elaborate Christmas preparations that their husbands don't appreciate. As they go on strike, the women try to stay in solidarity, while the husbands plan retaliation at the hardware store. Roberts revels in detailing the husbands' awkward, often disastrous handling of tasks their wives habitually do for Christmas (taking the kids to see Santa, planning the party, doing up the house). By the end of this gently feminist sendup, each side learns to be grateful for the other's efforts.

Why its on my wishlist: I'm a sucker for books about the holidays. I'm an even bigger sucker for books that make me laugh and this one looks like one that will have me giggling quite a bit.

4 comments:

danya said...

Thanks for dropping by and linking up! This looks like a great, fun holiday read :)

Bev Hankins said...

This sounds like a fun book! I've periodically thought about going on strike on one thing or another around the house...just to see what my husband would do.

Feel free to stop by my Christmas wish...

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I seem to be slowly buying the books I was putting on my Christmas list... Doh!

Lover Of Romance said...

Sounds like a fun meme!! I just love the holidays and especially books involving this wonderful season!!!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs