Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A New Discovery

The Price of Innocence
I should never be left to troll Goodreads for long. I inevitably find more books I want to read, and at this point, I could be reading until the day I die, and I will still have books left over!

Yes, that's how many books I have in my house!

Too many, as some of my family members have said.

But all that aside, I found an add for The Price Of Innocence while I was updating my Goodreads page. I love historical fiction, so this was definitely a good fit for me. It is now on my wishlist at Amazon. Oh and it is also a part of a trilogy! ARGH!

Here's the book blurb: The year is 1878, and the setting is Paris, France. It's a place of privilege and comfort for the rich, but one of heartache and struggle for the poor. Upon the death of her father, a young girl is thrown from the comforts of middle-class life into the terror of homelessness on the streets of Paris. Without family or friends, she struggles to survive. Her journey takes her from charity houses to the grueling life of a laundress. When her plight becomes unbearable, she is enticed by the mistress of the most famous brothel in France to live in luxury and service her aristocratic clientele. She succumbs to a life of prostitution, and her virginity is sold to a handsome English Lord. His jaded character is tested when he meets his purchase and receives more than he bargained for in the price of her virginity.


The first book in the series of three, The Price of Innocence sets the stage for a life-long romance between a man and woman separated by class and circumstances.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs