Thursday, March 24, 2011

Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Ebook?

I've often wondered about the people that say they'd never read an ebook. I wondered about myself for awhile, because I really fought the technology.

I did that with mp3 players for along time too.

I tried ebooks last spring. I read one on my computer. It turned me off of them for quite awhile. There's nothing comfortable about reading a book on a desktop. I tried another one on my netbook. Nope, didn't work for me there either.

Then I discovered Net Galley.

I bought a Nook, and I haven't looked back since.

That hasn't stopped me from buying print books. I love both. But I really love the opportunity to read indie authors, and in most cases, you can't find many indie's in print.

Oh and I love reading on my Smartphone too!

There really isn't anything to be afraid of. Ebooks are awesome!

3 comments:

Jessi E. said...

I absolutely love my NOOK. And I don't mind reading on my iPhone with the app if I am somehow without something to read.

Jan von Harz said...

I am still resisting the e-book. I have an iPad and it just doesn't thrill me to read on it. I may break down and buy a reader in the near future,but for now I am still a die hard book in hand kinda gal!

Wolfe said...

I agree! I love my Sony. I do still read a lot of regular books. But I enjoy being able to toss my e-reader in my purse and it doesn't take up much room.

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs