Monday, July 4, 2011

Bookish Randomosity

~ Finally started watching True Blood. Now if only I could start reading the Sookie books. Oh yeah, I am so behind on things!

~ Speaking of other TV shows that tie in with stuff I like to read...I need to start watching The Tudors and The Borgias. OK, really I need to buy the DVDs for The Tudors. I also need to watch The Other Boleyn Girl. I bought the DVD ages ago and I still haven't watched it. I am terrible at watching movies. Anyone watch these? Are they worth it?

~ I need to stay away from libraries and book stores. I have entirely too many books sitting around now...and my Nook is filling up too. I think I need a twelve step program. (Oh and more hours in the day to read)

~ I'm so disgusted with Harlequin. They raised their prices. I'm sorry, as much as I love series romance, the cost is INSANE! Oh and ebooks? I swear it is cheaper to buy the book than an ebook! What is wrong with this picture? I'm glad I let two of my subscriptions go. I'm about to let another one go...and just keep my Mira collection.

~ I have a rant..just a small one to authors sending out ebooks for review. I wish they would be tagged properly, so that when I send them to my Nook I don't have to go through them all to see what book I'm reading. Does that make sense? The title and author should appear in my Nook..not Microsoft..not a string of numbers etc. This causes me great aggravation.

2 comments:

heavenisabookstore said...

I agree it is confusing when I download a book and can't find the title and instead have to go back and figure out which number/alphabet they have decided to make it.

I enjoy True Blood and just finished Series 3! Though I really thought one was the best, two weird and they lost what they were doing and three brought us back to where I hope they proceed in 4. The books, however, are way better!

Sarah M said...

I totally agree with your mini rant. I hate trying to figure out where a certain book went on my ereader.

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs using images from the Tea Time kit and the Saturday Night kit by MK-Designs